A Making a Difference Opportunity
for Wildcat Water Polo
COSTA RICA • April 1-8, 2017
WILDCAT WATER POLO INVITATION
Wildcat Water Polo has been invited to serve in Costa Rica by SCORE International and CULTURELink, Inc. SCORE International is a Christian-based ministry that utilizes sports to enhance community and youth development all over the world. Recently, SCORE heard about the Wildcat Water Polo club, and they were excited about this unusual sport being used to impact the communities in San Jose, Costa Rica.
CULTURELink Inc. partners with SCORE on numerous projects. CULTURELink is a training and coordinating ministry for international projects. Currently, they have deployed teams to over 120 nations. CULTURELink staff will train the Wildcat Water Polo Costa Rica participants and coordinate the trip. CULTURELink staff has experience in Costa Rica and has led three teams there over the last two years. Water Polo parent, Larry Ragan, is the founder and coordinator of CULTURELink.
Both organizations are Christian-based; however, being a Christian is not a requirement for this trip. All participants are expected to adhere to the ministries’ behavioral guidelines and code of conduct in order to well represent and protect the reputations of both organizations and Wildcat Water Polo. Guidelines are provided with the trip application.
WILDCAT WATER POLO ACTIVITIES
Daily activities will consist of water polo training clinics with high school and college students, as well as exhibition matches with local teams. Our team will also assist SCORE in its community development & humanitarian programs to impoverished communities around San Jose. This may include construction projects and humanitarian aid distribution.
Open to both male and female high school students. 15 players with 3 to 5 adults on the team.
Our team will be staying at a secure and enclosed compound operated by SCORE International called the SCORE Villa. Students will be split into dorm-style rooms. Adults will be in their own rooms. Each room has a private bathroom.
TRIP COST – $1800
- Non-refundable deposit of $125
- Lodging, Transportation, and Meals
- Program Supplies
- Training Materials
- Trip Insurance
- Free-day Activities
The trip cost does not include: passport and passport photos, support letters, food/drink in the Atlanta airport, or souvenirs. All contributions to the trip are tax-deductible.
HOW DO YOU JOIN THE TEAM?
- ATTEND THE PARENT INFO MEETING on November 7, 2016.
- 6:30 – 7:30pm
- At the Ragans: 724 Scottish Mill Run, Marietta 30068
- The meeting is not mandatory.
- TURN IN APPLICATION AND DEPOSIT by December 1, 2016.
- Online applications will be available November 1, 2016 on this page.
- A non-refundable $125 deposit is due with every application. The deposit can be paid online using the button at the top or bottom of this page. Or you can pay your deposit via check, made payable to CULTURELink, Inc. and mailed to: PO Box 6623, Marietta, GA 30065.
- APPICATION REVIEW.
Your application will be reviewed by CULTURELink staff and Chris Sweitzer. If needed, a personal interview will be scheduled.
- COMMIT TO TRAINING PROCESS.
Every team member is required to attend four pre-field training sessions. During the training process, you will plan and prepare for your activities. You will also learn how to adapt to new cultural environments, speak through an interpreter, experience team building exercises, and more. The training sessions are as follows:
- December 17 • 10am – 12pm • Location TBA
- January 14 • 10am – 12pm • Location TBA
- February 11 • 10am – 1pm • Location TBA
- March 11 • 10am – 12pm • Location TBA
- *March 25 • Possible coordination and team packing meeting
- RAISE THE MONEY FOR YOUR TRIP.
During the first training session, you will be guided through the “best practices” for fundraising for this trip. Team fundraising events will also be scheduled. Each participant is responsible for participating in fund raising efforts and is responsible for 100% of their trip cost. 50% of the trip balance is due by February 1, 75% is due by March 1, and 100% is due before April 1. All contributions to the trip are tax-deductible.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT CULTURELink:
Director of Latin America